Monday, June 9, 2008

Things I've learned this past week

1.) When someone asks you when you can work, tell them to send you the schedule and you'll see what you can squeeze in. Instead, I sent my internship director my schedule and he signed me up for every available shift he could squeeze me into. He even made up some shifts just for me! I guess its nice to be loved, but not when I have to pull a 100 hour week.

2.) Never, ever, schedule a drug test over the phone. That's not something that you want a miscommunication about. Case in point- I'm being threatened with a 12 month suspension even though I pissed perfectly clean....just 12 hours after I was supposed to. I'm in the appeals process now....

3.) I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be anywhere if it weren't for the people I know and my charm.

4.) When I work a lot, I really miss riding my bike/climbing/playing in the mountains. This is the primary thing that gives me pause about a career in medicine.

2 comments:

Albinoblackbear said...

My sentiments exactly. The word 'balance' and 'medical school' just don't ever go in a sentence together. And when we are reminded of how short life can be it makes one wonder...are all those years of sacrifice worth it?? Let me know if you figure out the answer!

Justin said...

I'm not sure if they are worth it. I have a post coming about some thoughts from my dad that finally made me decide to go to medical school (he was actually against the idea for a long time)