Friday, March 27, 2009

Power Point Hell...

I teach A LOT of classes. From advanced first aid to Basic and Advanced Wilderness Life Support to a 4th year medical school student rotation.

While I like to spend as little time in a classroom and as much time outdoors as possible (that's where you learn it all anyway) some lecture time is a necessity. This often means power point and
I
Hate
Powerpoint

At least most of the ones I have to sit through as a student. The slides have too much info on them, they're boring and when the professor just reads off them I wonder why I even came to class.

I'd rather make mine, simple, to the point and interesting. This may be my favorite site to help with the last aspect:
Free Medicine PowerPoint Templates

I'm teaching a diabetes lecture tomorrow, I think I'll use this one:

3 comments:

EE said...

Cool! Thanks for sharing!

Julian M. said...

Hi, nice resource. Thanks.

Here are more ppt templates:
http://www.free-power-point-templates.com/category/ppt-by-topics/medical-ppt-by-topics

Justin said...

Thanks!

Maybe the real question is how to avoid power point based lectures entirely...