Sunday, December 27, 2009

Torture Test 2010

No callouts
More gear
Yay Christmas!
Home for Christmas and Santa was nice enough to bring me a few really nice pieces of gear that I will be beating the shit out of as soon as I get home:

Rab Mountainering Neutrino Endurance Jacket
  • 750 fill down
  • A giant freaking hood (I have it over my Giro G9 size XL ski helmet in this pic!)
  • 638g (on my postal scale)
Mountain Hardware HeavyWeight Gloves
  • Full leather palm... ohhhh yeahhhhh
  • Longer cuff than most "liner" gloves
REI Performance Headliner
  • Neck Gator
  • Full Balaclava
  • Pretty lightweight
All of which should come in handy during the upcoming cold days and nights on the snowmobiles and skis during back country rescues. Last year I didn't have a puffy with a hood, that made belay stations very chilly. I know some people aren't a fan of the hood, but I've wanted one for a while. Rab has started to become popular in the US with excellent recommendations on their gear from a few of my friends.

The helmet liner should be excelent as well. Considering the size of my head it seems like it'll fit under my climbing, skiing, ans snowmobile helm

No comments: