Tuesday, May 5, 2009

How do you know when you've been teaching too much?

11 lectures a week for three weeks....

According to my girlfriend, I've been lecturing in my sleep. As in reciting my power point slides, talking about shock, and walking through the primary and secondary assessments. This is nothing new. I've always been quite the sleep talker. Even going as far as too carry on conversations (that I have NO recollection of). I'm also known on our SAR team for being able to fall asleep when ever, where ever and be up and awake when I need to be just as fast.

The icing on the cake was when she woke up to me doing a full head to toe patient exam on her. An exam:
  • I don't remember one bit of
  • In which I was asking her the SAMPLE questions
  • I even kept my hands together when I palpated the sternum (so I didnt "cup" her... not that I haven't used that excuse on dates before...hehe)
Seriously, WTF?
Just say no folks:

No comments: