Sunday, May 3, 2009

I want...

I want....
  • A teacher that won't mark a question wrong because I didn't regurgitate what he said in class word for word; but rather integrated my knowledge of outside sources and answers into a comprehensive answer that actually showed thought and/or knowledge of a subject that the professor is woefully behind in.
  • Grades to actually show how much I've learned, not the random shit I memorized before an exam
  • Classes that integrate with each other... or at least agree
  • It not to count against me if all of my classes but one have presented a fact in one way and hence I write down that fact when my current professor is stuck back 20 years ago.
  • It to count that I'm a better clinician than the medical school students I work with in the homeless clinic. They are, without a doubt, clueless and inept. Oh, sorry, they got an A in Ochem of course they'll be good doctors.
  • The fact that I know exactly what I'm getting myself into to help me, not hurt me. Just because I don't have the same starry eyed enthusiasm to save the world and work with the undeserved like all the other douche bag, clueless pre-med students doesn't mean I do not care. It just means I'm realistic. Sorry, I know medical schools love to beat that kinda thing out of their students.
  • To be a doctor, because right now I'm watching patients die because I can't do anything to save them, because I don't have the training, or the knowledge, or the experience.
I know I'll be a good physician... someone just has to give me a chance.

No comments: