Thursday, April 3, 2008

Exams are Over!

The Brachial Plexus can suck it! The Anatomy exam was challenging. It took me 1.5 hours and I'm a very, very fast test taker. Case in point- I was done with each section on the ACT in less than half the alloted time and still almost got a perfect score. Usually, I either know it or I don't but this time I made myself slow down and really think about each problem. The good thing is that there were no collateral circuitry questions with the blood traces. The bad thing is that I messed up one of the posterior cords of my Brachial Plexus sketch and that really screwed over my answer. The question:

"The Medial Cord of Bob's Brachial Plexus is cut, the Lateral Cord of Jill's Brachial Plexus is cut. List all of the muscles (and muscles only) that are paralyzed for each person. Also, list the common muscles that are weakened."

Straight forward, easy points... damnit!

Oh, well, I guess I'll just keep studying a little harder each time...

J

P.S. There is nothing quite as cruel as having to sit through 4 hours of research symposiums when you haven't slept in 36 hours. Especially if your PI is on one side and the Dean of the Medical School is behind you. Must... Not... Yawn...

1 comment:

Erik said...

Then the sacro-lumbar plexus. The stuff is cool when it's all in your head, it's just the journey from page to grey matter that is so painful.