Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finals!

I'm curled up in my Study Area preparing for my chemistry final tomorrow. Amazingly, I have an A- right now in the class (I got a C+ in my previous chem class, not exactly a 'get into med skool grade') so I'd rather not blow that. I've also begun my redbull regiment- one sip every 5min. I've progressed to the 20 oz Red Bull, AKA- Status Epilepticus. Yes, it helps me stay awake, yes it gives me localized facial seizures and a minor eye twitch... oh well. No one every said this was easy, or healthy.

I take an interesting approach to finals, and exams in general. I work really, really well under pressure. I don't procrastinate and cram for exams (no, I study all the time) but I do put a lot of pressure on myself and I increase that pressure as the exam gets closer. Thoughts like "if I fail this exam I might as well just be a firefighter" go through my head all the time. I have a lot of friends that gasp in horror when they find this out. But, it helps me, a lot. To each their own. I like being in the zone and fighting hard.

If you're not afraid about what you're about to try then you're not pushing yourself hard enough.

Cheers!

3 comments:

tracy said...

Wow, now you've got me scared of Red Bull...Ha! i wonder if the diet stuff does the same thing...i only drink it on occasion, so hopefully i won't have the same reaction! Isn't the coffee enough??? i took the same caffine test as in your previous post...just slightly less caffinated than you!
Best on your exams, tracy

tracy said...

HA! (that's an "Angry Medic" ha! check out his blog, you would l o v e it!) You used my med "skool" spelling...love it! i actually stole it from "sarainisrael.blogspot.com" whose blog you would also enjoy.
Too funny!

Justin said...

I do love the Angry Medic blog... good times.

I'll check out the other blog too! Back to Anatomy... final tomorrow afternoon