Saturday, April 12, 2008

NCUR- A Complete Success!

I just got back to my house from NCUR in Maryland. It was a great time, in fact it may have been even more than great. Stupendous? Excellent? Phenomenal? No pictures yet because I forgot my camera; but as soon as I get my grubby little hands on the pictures other people took I'll post some of the best (like me assaulting Sammy the Seagull ).

What did I do?
-Learned lots of Science, of course. Go Science...
-Partied till 5am
-Made an excellent wingman... and took one for the team
-Made the 8am shuttle, because Science is a cruel mistress
-Meet a ton of cool people from my school that I didn't know existed
-Realized exactly how freaking cool my adviser is
-Watched a lacrosse game
-Partied with the Wisconsins
-Found a new lab to work in!!!!!!!

Some of the research was impressive. Genetics and Cardio are way sexy right now and that's where a lot of the focus was. A lot of the research was pathetic- bad, non-random surveys. In college research!? The stuff I did my senior year was better than most of this crap! Oh well, it bodes well for next year in LaCrosse Wisconsin.

Cheers!

1 comment:

tracy said...

Just read your comment on "Backboards and Bandaids"...
...blond haired, blue eyed and had that missionary style spyked hair".
You are tooooo funny! My dh, son and i escaped from the State of Desert about 13 years ago to Virginia...yes, we are the family Rebels!
Glad you had fun in Maryland, adding you to my favorite blogs...ahhhh, med students...my idols!
tracy....emt-b wanna be re-cert....someday